Here's a fun game for the kids to help them get familiar with letters:
What you need:
- Alphabet fridge magnets (you can get these at most kids stores or big department stores).
- A magnet to pick them up (again, toy stores usually have these. I found my giant purple one with all the science stuff).
- Piece of string and a stick (optional, if you want to turn the magnet into a fishing rod).
How to play:
There's lots of different ways you can play with alphabet magnets, but here are a few of my favourites:
- Place all the letters out on the table and let the kids go crazy!
- Get the kids to pick up the letters and sort them into colours.
- Print out or write large letters on squares of paper and get the kids to go fishing for the letters and match them up.
- Print out or write out names or other words and get the kids to go spelling fishing to create the words on the paper.
Bonus tip: This game can also be played with numbers, and most alphabet fridge magnets also come with numbers, so you'll get two games for the price of one!
Hope you guys have fun!