2017 is going to be my year of doing. My website is up, this blog will run regularly, I’ll be reviewing books for Kids Book Review (a truly wonderful website) and I’ll be working on getting my books published.
Shaye Wardrop is a name the world is going to know, so sorry if you already know it—you might get sick of hearing it!
First up, I thought I’d give you a bit of an introduction about myself. So here are eight fun facts you may not know about me:
- I write children’s books. Picture books are my current focus, but you’ll likely see some young adult from me in the future.
- My stories usually (but not always) have a science fiction/fantasy flavour to them—aliens, dragons, mermaids, alternate universes and anything otherworldly.
- If my books don’t have sci-fi flavour, they feature bold and brave characters. I have two little girls, and my mission in life is to bring them up to be brave.
- I can’t eat chocolate (it gives me migraines).
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- I love craft. I have a whole cupboard full of bits and pieces I swear I will use for something someday.
- I’m addicted to buying notebooks.
- I like to cook, but my mission to remove sugar from most of my recipes means many of them are a flop.
If you’d like to stick around, this blog will feature a range of fun things like kid approved recipes, kids crafts and activities, book reviews and updates on my writing progress (but I’ll keep those short, I promise).